CinC Code of Conduct
All participants in CinC events must behave professionally, ethically, and responsibly in all interactions with other CinC participants, e.g., at all CinC conferences, in formal or informal social activities, within related online communities, and on social media. All individuals participating in CinC activities must comply with the following standards of conduct. All participants at CinC events are expected to:
- Exercise consideration and respect for others in their speech and actions; listen to and respect other points of view.
- Refrain from speech or actions that are demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing. Any form of harassment, including sexual harassment, is prohibited.
- Treat everyone equally regardless of age, race, nationality, gender, political views, religious affiliation, cultural practices and beliefs. (This does not prevent anyone from expressing their own beliefs and respectfully disagreeing with others.)
- Uphold the principles of scientific inquiry, be open to new ideas, and use logic and empirical evidence as tools to justify our question research.
- Be mindful of their surroundings, their fellow participants, and the impact their actions and words might have on others.
- Alert a member of the conference staff or the CinC Board if they notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential. All alerts will be treated sensitively and in a timely fashion.
The CinC Board reserves the right to prohibit attendance by anyone violating this code of conduct at any future meeting.